Turkey Earth quake news updates
“We thought it was the immense disaster that occurred in the last 70 years” Turkey Earth quake: A shocking earthquake measuring 7.8 on the Richter scale struck parts of Turkey and Syria.
- Quake strikes central Turkey, North West Syria.
- Powerful earthquake tremors were felt 23 km east of Nurdagi, Turkey.
- More than 5,100 died in Turkey and Syria after earthquakes
- On Tuesday morning Turkey’s Syria vice-president, Fuat Oktay said, 3,419 people had been killed in the quake, with another 20,534 had been injured. The number of deaths in Syria rose to 1,602 bringing death in both countries to 5,021.
- Rescue workers looking for survivors in the rabble.
- After the huge turkey quake, Diyarbakir residents pray for missing families.
- After Turkey and Syria, a strong earthquake of magnitude 5.4 was recorded in Kazakhstan.
The most powerful earthquake in nearly a century struck Turkey and Syria early Monday, killing over 1,200 people in their sleep, levelling buildings and causing tremors felt as far away as Iraq. At least 326 people died in government-controlled parts of Syria while 912 people died in Turkey.
Another 7.5-magnitude earthquake hit southeast Turkey this evening, according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS). Details of casualties in the second earthquake are yet to come in. The second shallow quake hit at 1:24 pm local time, 4 km south-southeast of the town of Ekinozu.
Thousands of buildings have collapsed, and several videos show the moment they fell, as onlookers ran for cover. Among the buildings destroyed was Gaziantep Castle, a historical landmark that had stood for more than 2,000 years. Turkey’s energy infrastructure has also been damaged, and videos have emerged showing large fires in southern Turkey.
Officials have counted more than 50 aftershocks within the first 10 hours of the initial disaster. They have warned that more would rumble on for many more days. WHO said it was dispatching emergency supplies, including trauma and emergency surgical kits, and activating a network of emergency medical teams.
Several countries rush to aid, rescuers to Turkey, Syria
- The United States, the European Union and Russia all immediately sent condolences and offers of help.
- Chinese state media said on Tuesday that Beijing was sending rescuers, medical teams and other supplies.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky also offered to provide “the necessary assistance” to Turkey, whose combat drones are helping Kyiv fight the Russian invasion.
- President Joe Biden promised his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan that the United States will send “any and all” aid needed to help recover from a devastating earthquake.
- India is sending across an Army medical team, National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF) personnel and medical supplies to support Turkey where a series of massive earthquakes struck Monday killing over 4,300 people and injuring thousands.
Notably, Turkey is one of the world’s most active earthquake zones. Experts have long warned a large quake could devastate Istanbul, a megalopolis of 16 million people filled with rickety homes.
Also read https://www.thebhopalnews.com/jack-ma-has-inspiring-story-for-all/
[…] Turkey Earth quake news updates […]