A job, employment, work or occupation, is a person’s role in society. More specifically, a job is an activity, often regular and often performed in exchange for payment. Many people have multiple jobs. A person can begin a job by becoming an employee, volunteering, starting a business, or becoming a parent.
4 Types of Jobs: Thinkers, Builders, Improvers, and Producers
- Thinkers produce an idea.
- Builders convert the idea into reality.
- Improvers make it better.
- Producers do the work in a repeatable manner to deliver goods and services to customers.
A business is defined as an organization or enterprising entity engaged in commercial, industrial, or professional activities. Businesses can be for-profit entities or they can be non-profit organizations that operate to fulfill a charitable mission or further a social cause.
- A business is defined as an organization or enterprising entity engaged in commercial, industrial, or professional activities.
- Businesses can be for-profit entities or non-profit organizations.
- There are various forms of a business, such as a limited liability company (LLC), a sole proprietorship, a corporation, and a partnership.
- Businesses can range from small operations operating in one industry to large operations operating in many industries around the world.
Money: There is no limit on how much and how fast you can earn as a Business owner. Whereas in Job you will have to wait for a certain time period for taking the next hike, no matter how good you are. Hence, Business is better than a job.
Comparing Job vs Business :
- Risk: Running a Business is far bigger than being in a job. In a job, no matter what kind of work you do you are always getting betting in 1 direction which increases your chances of getting rehired even if you lose a job. As a business owner, you will spend time learning multiple things, plus the employers will be skeptical after seeing a business written on your profile. You can be kicked out of a job and yet find a new job and you can lose your business overnight and starting new or finding a job will be a nightmare. Job is better than Business
- Money: There is no limit on how much and how fast you can earn as a Business owner. Whereas in Job you will have to wait for a certain time period for taking the next hike, no matter how good you are. Hence, Business is better than a job.
- Effort: efforts will take years to establish a successful business and to form the right team. It will also take years to climb the ladder and become a top executive in a job. However, in business you will have to make much more compromises, sacrifices, giving up on things, strong will, pressure, and tension. Job is easier than a Business
- Freedom: It’s true that after a certain time period there is no one freer than a boss. Nonetheless, by the time you reach that stage, you would hate being free and being free will come at the cost of the loss or slow down of business. For an employee, they can be busy or free based on their management and abilities to handle client and manager. Job is better than Business.