Ramadan, also spelled Ramazan, Ramzan, Ramadhan or Ramathan, is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, observed by Muslims worldwide as a month of fasting, prayer, reflection and community. so here are the 5 Special iftar recipes .
- Dum Biryani recipe – To prepare this Mughlai recipe, take a large bowl mix chicken with yoghurt (curd), fried onion, red chilli powder, salt, coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger and garlic paste. Mix all the ingredients well and let the chicken marinate for about 2 hours. When the chicken is marinated, add garam masala in it . Once the chicken is marinated, melt ghee in a handi over medium flame. When ghee is melted, add marinated chicken in it and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then, add water to it and cook the chicken on a low-medium flame. Put the lid on the vessel once the chicken is cooked. Now, add 70 per cent cooked basmati rice in it. Above the rice layer, add brown or fried onion, ghee and saffron water (saffron soaked in 2 tbsp water) and a little water. Knead a quick dough with wheat flour and seal the handi with this dough, and then cover with a lid. Let the biryani stay like this for 20 minutes. This will give the perfect dum to the biryani. Serve it hot with raita.
- Shahi Tukda recipe – Shahi tukda recipe with step by step photos. Shahi tukda is a rich, royal Mughlai dessert of fried sugar syrup coated bread topped and soaked with fragrant creamy sweet thickened milk or rabri and garnished with dry fruits.
- Lassi recipe- In a blender take 2 cups chilled curd (yogurt), crushed seeds from 3 to 4 green cardamons, ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper, 1 to 2 pinches of grated nutmeg, 2 tablespoons chopped almonds or cashews or pistachios or a mix of all three nuts. Add 10 to 12 saffron strands and 5 to 6 tablespoons chopped palm sugar (palm jaggery) or jaggery or sugar. Add about ⅓ to ½ cup water. Blend until smooth and frothy. Check the taste and if needed add more palm sugar and blend again. Serve straightaway topped with a few saffron strands or chopped nuts.
- Cutlet recipe- Mixtures of boiled veggies, pulses and/or cereals, perked up with aromatic spices and other flavourful ingredients, are flattened into small rounds and either deep-fried or shallow-fried in a tava with little oil, to make irresistibly tasty cutlets! .
- Chicken kalimirch recipe –
To begin with, this lovely spicy kali mirch chicken recipe do not require long list of ingredients. Not to mention, but Chicken and black pepper are two main ingredients of this curry preparation.
The black pepper (kali mirch) and green chillies imparts beautiful and subtle spiciness to the dish.
Specifically, I would like to mention here that please do not reduce the amount of kali mirch here. Rather, decrease the amout of green chillies if you want it to be less spicy.
The another important ingredients in this dish that equally gives the beautiful flavour to the dish is a good amount of yogurt and little sugar. It also, balances the spiciness very well.
Coming to another group of fresh ingredients, we need fresh cream, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies and chopped onions.
The spices powder we are using here in the gravy are coriander powder and garam masala powder only. Lastly, we want to use whole spices . i.e. bay leaves, cloves, cardamoms and shajeera(caraway seeds).